Constant and Never Ending Improvement
I have just completed the registration for The North Face 100km in Thailand on the 1st of February 2020.
I have booked the time off work and my training is well underway.
Time turn it up!
How to increase endurance safely!
Some very simple rules to follow
- Don’t run too far to soon,
- Don’t run to fast on the long training sessions,
- Run to conditions. Example, stay within your limits don’t try and push the pace into a headwind.
- Take a break between long runs. Example avoid running 30 or 40k’s back to back etc.
- Avoid running too far before the actual race.
- If you miss some training due to illness etc don’t try to catch up. Add some shorter runs, rather than a longer run.
- Learn as much as possible about refueling before, during and after the ultra run.
The goal is run three times to per week and include two body weight resistance sessions.