Steroids for Runners, Good or Bad?
Like It Or Not, People Use Steroids
Is that good or bad?
Like anything, moderation is the key. We all need testosterone, both males and females.
As we age, our bodies produce less and less testosterone for various reasons.
At the end of the article, I have shared some videos explaining what I think we all should know!
What Do Steroids Do?
Most people think that taking steroids alone will make you big and strong!
Not true. You have to put in the work.
Steroids allow your body to recover faster, allowing you to train more often.
Can Runners Benefit From Taking Steroids?
In fact, for those who compete in ultra running. It may be safer to use steroids than not!
To keep it as simple as possible. There are two types of runners short and long.
- Short – sprinters etc.
- Long – Marathoners etc.
Both runners will train differently.
- Sprinters need a robust and powerful body capable of explosive actions quickly. Weight is not their first concern.
- For marathon runners, weight is a significant concern. A lean body with a sizeable cardiovascular system is best.
And therefore, the amount and type of steroids they require will differ.
Steroids for Runners
Not all steroids are the same. They come with different side effects.
Ben Johnson and Stanozolol
Ben Johnson was stripped of his Olympic medal because of doping with Stanozolol. But why was Stanozolol Ben’s choice of steroids?
It would be safe to assume it was because Stanozolol has the following side effects:
- Zero water retention, which equals a lean body,
- Improvement of the body’s production of red blood cells. Which equals more oxygen and improves overall endurance,
- The ability to build muscle mass quickly,
- Stanozolol can be taken orally and as an injection. By taking Stanozolol orally, there would be no injection marks.
What Steroid Is Best For Running?
Get your testosterone level tested before embarking on a steroid cycle.
Which steroid is the best? This is an open debate. But I truly believe in keeping things simple.
My suggestion is Sustanon 250, 300, or 400. Depending on your current level and the reason for taking steroids in the first place.
The average level for men – is 300 to 1100 ng/dL.
500 to 800 ng/dL is the consensus for a healthy range. Younger men can and often are above 1000 ng/dL, typically without steroids.
Get tested and get your current level. And discuss with your health professional how much and how often to take it.
The same goes for the ladies. The average level for women – is 15 to 70 ng/dL.
The consensus is within 30 to 50 ng/dL to avoid unhealthy side effects.
Side Note: EPO is common with marathoners.
Try Modafinil to improve your running.
Why Sustanon and not Stanozolol? Stanozolol is a very short-lasting steroid.
The recommended dose is daily or every two days minimum for the best results.
The daily or every second-day cycle of Stanozolol can become a burden.
Sustanon is one of the more accessible steroids to use:
- It has both fast and slow-acting testosterone.
- It can be injected up to 14 days apart. But the average is between 5 and 10 days.
- And is the most prescribed steroid for testosterone replacement therapy, TRT.
Important Note: Please seek professional advice before embarking on a steroid cycle. Talking to your doctor about it might not be the most comfortable subject. But it’s an important one. Being in good shape all year round is what we do as runners. Please do not put that at risk.
Totally Legal Way To Get More Energy At The End Of A Race
In the world of marathon running, aside from any clandestine consumption of illicit substances, there’s a legal and widely accepted practice that many runners swear by – the intake of beetroot shots.
I’ve given this a try and experienced a noticeable boost during the latter stages of my long run. These shots are a concentrated form of juice that delivers a zesty and potent punch to your taste buds.
Beetroots are an excellent source of inorganic nitrate. A portion of this nitrate is in your saliva, where beneficial bacteria transform it into nitrite.
In other parts of the body, this nitrite is further converted into nitric oxide, which plays numerous roles related to blood circulation, muscle contraction, and neurotransmission.
The juice can shave minutes off your running time, enhance your endurance for high-intensity exercise, and boost blood and oxygen flow in your muscles.
For optimal results, consuming the juice approximately two hours before the race is recommended.
We Are Getting Weaker
Our Testosterone Levels Are Declining
Researchers find that the average testosterone level declines rapidly, study after study!
The testosterone level of a 60-year-old man in 1989 was higher than that of a 60-year-old in 1995. I found that the average decline is 1.6% per year.
Wow! On average, our bodies produce 1.6% less testosterone every year.
Why? The exact reason for the decline is still being debated.
But there are some common factors in the research so far.
- Increased use of tight-fitting underwear,
- Inactivity or decrease in activity,
- Increase in average room temperature at home and work,
- And a decline in smoking.
Yes, smoking increases your testosterone levels. But the other side effects far outweigh that benefit.
5 Ways To Increase Your Testosterone Levels Without Steroids
- Go to bed and get some quality sleep.
- Tip, make the room as dark as possible. Remove all noise from the room. That will let your brain relax completely. (White noise keeps your brain on alert mode).
- Get some sun or take Vitamin D.
- Taking 3000iu of Vit D3 daily for 12 months will increase your testosterone level by 25%.
- Lift weights.
- Working out large muscle groups increases the production of testosterone.
- High levels of cortisol can reduce testosterone levels rapidly. Meditation reduces stress and helps you cope with future stress-causing situations.
- . Take Tongkat Ali.
- Tongkat Ali has been clinically tested and will increase your testosterone by 440%. Learn More.
Tongkat Ali – Boosts Free T Up to 440% Naturally
This Could Be the Most Effective Herb
For Men Over 40 On the Planet*
Tongkat Ali Rated 4.9 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ By 1000s of Reviews
Why We Need Testosterone.
Please take the time to watch the below videos because the information they contain is priceless!