Constant and Never Ending Improvement
My First 100km
The Goal, Is To Run My First 100 km Race, ever!
The North Face 100km, In Thailand 2020
Start Training Date 01 February 2019
I took and a big bite and now I’m chewing hard and fast.
Did I bite off more than I can Chew? Let’s See!!
Click Here to see my training progress.
- Long pack laden marches in the military, 40 km plus,
- Plenty of 10 to 15 km runs over the years,
- Recently completed a 21 km trail run – December 2018,
- Best times, recent 5 km 20.08 ever 17.11 and 10 km 44.06 mins recent and ever.
Update to Previous Experience, 29.12.2019
- My first full Road Marathon completed. Link
- My first full Trail Marathon completed. Link
- I hired a coach. Link
Race Day, Unknown at this stage?
Update: Race is on the 1st of February 2020.
- Complete a 70 to 80 km run before December 2019
- Complete three 50 km runs before October 2019
- Run between 10 to 20 km once a week
- Complete 2 to 3 cross training workouts per week
- Bike riding, swimming and body weight resistance etc.
- Start a daily stretching routine
- Learn about running nutrition
- What not to eat before running
- And what to eat during the race
- Find the right gear
- Shoes, shorts, shirt and socks.
- And what to bring for the race etc