Constant and Never Ending Improvement
Run The North Face 100 km Thailand in February 2020.
My First Trail Marathon – Completed.
I learnt a lot from my first road marathon.
And I applied that knowledge with some good results in my first trail marathon.
- Much better diet leading up to the event
- No dairy or meat 24 hours before the race
- and I focused on running my own race. By letting other runners pass and keeping to the planned pace.
Now I’m no speed demon and after bonking during the road marathon. My goal was to not run faster than 6 minutes per kilometer. Well within my normal pace.
Mission complete the First Trail Marathon is over. I really enjoyed the experience. I’m looking forward to getting back to training.
- My shoulders where done after this marathon, I was carrying a 2ltr bladder. Which in hindsight was 1ltr too much.
- From now on I will only carry a 1ltr bladder.
- I carried 4 gels and I drank the flavored water at every drink station.
Back to Training
- 4km run at a steady pace,
- 6 x 100m fast pace
- 3km easy to warm down
- 20min warm up easy 1% incline
- 10 x 1min fast pace 5% incline
- easy walk home
- 20min easy pace 2% incline
- 20mins easy pace 5% incline
- 20mins easy pace 8% incline
- Easy walk home.
Training is getting better. I will need to get up an extra 30mins earlier to allow for a full training session.
That means up at 0210. And in the gym or on the trails by 0230.
I’m looking forward to that!!!