“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.”
The Elephant and the Rope.
Performance elephants are restrained when they are young with strong rope.
They kick and struggle trying to break free from the rope to no avail.
Eventually they give up. We call this learned helplessness.
Over time the elephant built up the belief that breaking free was impossible. So they gave up trying, even though as an adult they could break free easily.
- No matter how much the world tries to hold you back, always continue with the belief that what you want to achieve is possible.
- Believing you can become successful is the most important step in actually achieving it.
What are your Performance Indicators?
- What indicators are important. These are the indicators that tell you things are working as intended.
- What data can you collect easily? If it’s to hard to collect, it will over time become a burden.
- Make a spreadsheet or table! So you can reflect on your performance indicators easily.
- Take time once a month to reflect on your progress.
- Make the changes to yourself or the indicators. Until you are satisfied your on the right track and using the right indicators.