Constant and Never Ending Improvement
Run The North Face 100 km Thailand in February 2020.
Muang Thai Marathon 2019, Completed
My first ever official Marathon
The plan was to run under 4 hours. Which would be at my normal pace. A pace I have run at many times before.
Everything was fine until I hit the 29km mark!
My diet was right, I was fully hydrated and was feeling really good. Then the wheels fell off.
I went from averaging 5:30 to 5:45 to anything up to 8:30 minutes per km.
My legs were not cramping, yes my hips were sore but nothing I have not run with before.
Overall I’m a little disappointed.
But all is not lost!
- Best estimated 30k effort
- Best estimated Half-Marathon effort
- Best estimated 20k effort
- Best estimated 10 mile effort
What to do about it.
Looking back at my training leading up to the race I should hardly be surprised. Yes there were a few great training sessions but I have been very inconsistent.
I could blame a list of things, but at the end of the day it’s me. I’m responsible so let the next phase begin.
The Next Phase
- I’m carrying to much weight, as much as 10kgs if you are to trust what my doctor said,
- I need to add another 2 to 3 runs per week,
- I’m eating way to many carbs and drinking more soft drinks than I care to admit,
- And I’m not following my training plan.
I think I need help!
I was going to train myself for the 100kms. But after my marathon effort I going to get some coaching.