Training Update 15.04.2019
Constant and Never Ending Improvement
I was 30mins in of a planned 4hr run.
Completely soaked in sweat, I got up at 0230 trying to avoid the heat that comes with daybreak, no chance.
This is good training I’m thinking. A chance to see if my gear is up to the task!
Will I get blisters, will my vest be rubbing and how will my body hold up in the humidity.
Well 6mins short, arrived home quicker than expected.
- Vest rubbing?
- A little!
By the end of the day I downed at least 5 liters of water and a couple of sports drinks.
But overall felt really good. As planned I stretched for almost an hour after.
Focusing on my hamstrings and calves.
I’m very happy that pulled through with zero discomfort.
Today was the first day I had my thought that I might actually be able to complete the 100kms I’m training for.
To be honest up until today I was thinking that I had bitten off more than I could chew.
And on the day of race I would just have to chew really hard!
Lessons I learnt Today
- I really need to be hydrated well before the day of the race
- Taking real snacks to eat was a great idea. Instead of just energy gels
- I got a real lift after downing a couple of bananas
- Might be a good idea to bring spare socks.
- Undecided on that right now!
- No need to go into details but I need to understand what foods to eat prior to any long run.
- Homework, find or create a list of non fibrous foods
- I might just complete this goal.
Keep training and keep learning. One step at a time.
PS, I found this video very interesting.
It’s not about running, but I think the lessons could be applied to any discipline including running.